Enclosed auto transport service is also known as covered car transport. This type of service provides extra protection from road and weather elements such as road debris or hail. Owners of exotic, antique, classic or any high-end vehicle often prefer this option of auto transport.
Enclosed Trailer Is A Preferred Option for Classic, Sports and Luxury Automobiles
- Hard or soft side trailers to protect your vehicle
- Higher insurance policy for higher end automobiles
- Professional drivers with experience in high-end shipping
Enclosed Auto Transport ServiceCompanies and private customers ship vehicles across the US daily. Many choose covered auto transport trailers. This is the type of transport recommended for high end and classic automobiles. Owners of special vehicles want to preserve their condition and a covered car transport carrier provides the necessary protection. Enclosed trailer is completely covered. It is similar to a regular cargo truck used to transport all kinds of goods. However, an automobile transport trailer is more special. An enclosed trailer is usually hard sided and completely shields the vehicle. Inside the frame consists of special ramps to load and unload vehicles. Learn more about different types of trailers here. Most enclosed trailers have hydraulic ramps to hold vehicles horizontally while loading. Such ramps also enable easy loading of low ground clearance vehicles. With enclosed service drivers usually use soft straps to secure the vehicle to the ramp. Enclosed transport drivers are experienced in handling high end automobiles and their service is often white glove. This equals a five start hotel service. Corsia Logistics team knows how to handle special cargo with care. The whole shipping process requires great coordination between agents, dispatchers and carriers. Corsia Logistics coordinators do this on daily basis. Our team specializes in enclosed car transport and we can deliver any car to any point in the US, and internationally.
Enclosed Auto Transport CostCorsia Logistics offers accurate and affordable auto transport rates that will ship your vehicle in a timely and professional manner. When it comes to shipping a high end automobile do not choose a company based solely on price. Enclosed transport is more expensive than open and there are several reason for that.
- The cost is higher because enclosed trailers are special, more expensive. The insurance for a covered auto transport truck is higher due to their high end cargo. The driver must learn how to operate the trailer and must know how to handle high end automobiles.
- In the US only about ten percent of the whole fleet is enclosed, which makes this type of transport less available and hence more expensive.
- Therefore, when booking an enclosed car transport getting an accurate price quote is very important. An accurate quote will guarantee professional and timely service. Our advantage is our manual pricing - we track the demand and supply situation daily and manually quote each rate. Corsia Logistics provides realistic rates – this means rates that are acceptable by the carriers. In auto transport several factors determine the price, but demand and supply fluctuations ultimately determine the prices.
- Our rates are supply and demand driven. This makes them affordable to the customer and acceptable by the truck driver. What happens is that customers actually compete against other customers for a spot on the carrier. When the demand is high the truck space is limited and this means that vehicles priced with realistic market prices ship first. This is how car shipping works.
With enclosed carriers correct pricing is even more important because of their lower availability. To receive exceptional and timely service you have to pay current market price. Requesting multiple quotes will set you on the right path to discover the average price. Guided by a few price quotes you will be able to position a reasonable rate.
Broker-carrier relationship is what makes this industry competitive and affordable. It is a very efficient system because a single carrier company cannot service the entire country. Brokers work with dispatch boards to post their loads and carriers running this route call to inquire about the vehicle. A carrier always wants to fully load their trailer, but they are not going to take lower than a certain market price and that is why our realistic rates always win.
- We do not utilize a calculator because a software does not provide the most current market prices. To learn more refer to our guide on the difference between manual quotes and a calculator.
- Our prices are the golden mean - neither too high, nor too low. This we achieve by manually tracking supply and demand conditions. This is the single most important factor when it comes to enclosed auto transport quotes.
- Dependable and respectable auto transport companies offer reasonable prices. Some companies try to rip customers off simply because they are big and they think they can dictate prices.
Why Choose Enclosed Over Open Carrier?The main reason one would choose enclosed carrier over open is more protection. Enclosed car shipping fully protects the vehicle from road and weather elements. The car will not be exposed to dust, flying road debris, possible rock hits from passing automobiles and weather related marks. This is the type of protection any high end automobile owners prefers. When you are shipping a car with a paint job for thousands of dollars, enclosed car transport is the way to go. Many enclosed carriers highlight their white glove service by actually handling vehicles with white gloves. This is to ensure no scratches or even spots appear on the vehicle. Often they even offer plastic covers for additional protection.
To visualize the differences between open and enclosed check out our infographic.
See How Enclosed Auto Transport Works
- We are licensed and insured to ship any high value vehicle.
- Corsia works only with the most reliable carriers.
- While in transit your vehicle is insured against damages.
- We offer affordable rates to ship a car in a timely and professional manner.
What Type of Vehicles Should Go Enclosed?Corsia Logistics team values all makes and models. To us every vehicle is special and we always recommend enclosed trailer to our customers for more protection. In general, any vehicle worth $50,000 or more should be transported via enclosed carrier. However, enclosed auto shipping is primarily used for high-end sports cars, luxury, classic and antique automobiles. These are high end, high maintenance automobiles whose owners have invested solid amounts into their mechanics and looks. We can call them a hobby automobiles, not meant to be driven every day. This means that they need to be well protected all the time, including while being shipped.
How To Find A Dependable Enclosed Auto Transport Company?It is a deceptive notion to believe that one company is the best in the industry. When you start your research you will discover many great enclosed auto transport companies. In every business bad things are bound to happen, not due to bad intentions but simply because nothing is always perfect. When you research check main aspects. You need to make sure the company is registered and licensed with USDOT and FMCSA, and has insurance. Do not blindly trust the shiny five stars you see online. Look beyond that for what is the real face of the company. A trustworthy company will help you understand how auto shipping works and explain the factors that affect the cost to ship a car is. Try to understand the values the company. Check whether they offer realistic prices that will ship your vehicle in a timely and professional manner. For more details on how to choose, check our how to choose an auto transport company guide. You have to be able to choose a dependable auto transport company, but before doing that you need to understand how the industry works. Besides inspecting the price, you have to check licensing, insurance and then customer testimonials. Dependability is when you know how the company operates, how it calculates prices and how the team presents all necessary information.
The Auto Transport IndustryCorsia Logistics Advises
- Customers should not use auction websites. These are marketplaces where underbidding wars between companies happen. Once you list your vehicle and accept a bid your hands are tight. The price is always below realistic market price and you end up waiting sometimes for weeks for a carrier to accept such a rate. Especially when it comes to enclosed transport.
- Do your research beyond first page of Google Search. Request several quotes and talk to representatives first. Get the idea of what average auto transport rates look like and then book your service.
- You should also avoid auto transport lead provider websites. This is the third entity you will encounter online. Their websites often mislead people into thinking they are the actual shipping company. In reality, however, they are neither a broker nor a carrier.
- A transport broker is licensed and bonded to contract with carriers. A lead provider simply collects your information and then sells it. This means that after you fill in your information you will receive calls from five to ten companies. First, this can be very frustrating. Second, these companies that call compete against each other and their rates are also under current market supply prices.
- An auto transport broker is the entity that manages your shipping service and communicates with you and the carrier. Most of the companies you find online are broker companies that work closely with carriers. Learn more about the two entities here.
- Professional and established brokers have a serious network of high safety rated carriers they call first. If none of their close carriers is available, they can turn to a nationwide network of independent carriers which ensures fast service and affordable prices.
- This broker-carrier relationship means efficiency and fair market prices. Most carriers are single owner operators who rely on brokers to fill their cargo space. This system keeps the industry in balance and ensures against monopolization of the market by large corporations.
To discuss the shipping process and schedule your shipment call or request a quote online. We will send you an email with the rate and more information on how to reserve a spot. We are here to help you ship your car with confidence and peace of mind. Thank you.