Corsia Logistics allows the inclusion of personal items of up to 100 lb. If you need to load more than 100 lb there will be an additional fee. Auto transport carriers are very cautious when it comes to weight because weight restrictions apply at state border inspections.
If you need to ship personal items in your car please contact us for a customized auto transport rate.
If shipping personal items in your car keep in mind that:
- The carrier can refuse to transport your vehicle.
- This puts auto haulers at risk of fines and delays.
- During inspection the DOT may remove your items.
- Personal items can damage vehicle interior.
- Personal items are not insured while in transport.
- Items could be stolen easily when exposed through windows.
Consequently, it is recommended that customers resist the temptation of loading personal items in their automobiles when shipping a car.
The best case scenario is one or two suitcases or boxes in the trunk. If the carrier allows more items they must be loaded below window level and there shouldn’t be any items at the driver’s seat.
You can not have any kind of racks and luggage attached to the roof of your vehicle. Any illegal items, weapons, explosives or contraband are strictly prohibited; any animals are also prohibited. If you really need to load more items talk to our agents to confirm whether this is possible and what would be the additional charge.