Shipping a car from Michigan to California is a breeze with Corsia. Our experienced logistics agents will be happy to walk you through the steps of the car shipping process and help you select a service and time frame that best fits your needs.
What types of services does an auto transport company offer?
In auto logistics you have to choose based on the type of carrier and on the time frame of delivery. Corsia Logistics provides the following car shipping services:
- by carrier type: open and enclosed trailer
- by time frame: standard and expedited delivery
- OPEN OR ENCLOSED
- Your choice of carrier choice depends the type of vehicle you need to ship. Standard everyday sedans often go on an open carrier. If you need to ship a high-end sports or luxury automobile, or any classic vehicle you should choose enclosed trailer. Enclosed auto transport offers complete protection from weather and road elements.
- STANDARD OR EXPEDITED
- Standard car shipping service means that a carrier will pick up your vehicle within one to few days. Delivery, in this case, from Michigan to California would be 5-7 days. However, keep in mind that all dates and times are only estimates. Expedited delivery could guarantee that your car is picked up or delivered on or by a specified date and time. This, however, requires the whole schedule of the truck to play around your schedule, which naturally increases the price.
How much does it cost to ship a car from Chicago to Miami?
Several variables decide the final cost of shipping a car. Vehicle make and model together with the distance set the base price for shipping. Then the choice of carrier type enters into the equation. Shipping a non-running car drives the price up due to additional equipment. Picking up and delivering a vehicle to and from a rural area is a logistical challenge that usually costs more. However, the deciding final factor is the current supply and demand situation on a given route.
- VEHICLE MAKE & MODEL
- Smaller cars are usually cheaper to ship, while bigger, heavier vehicles are more expensive. Auto transport carriers have a weight limit that they must observe when accepting vehicles. Thus, the make and model of your vehicle, as well as any modifications done to it, and whether there will be any personal items loaded inside, all matter for the total weight of the carrier, and hence the price of shipping.
- TRANSPORT TYPE
- The type of carrier you choose affects your rate as well. Open auto transport is the standard shipping method in the industry. It is used for all vehicle types, availability of open carriers is much higher and prices are cheaper. Enclosed auto transport is more expensive and often used for sports, luxury or classic automobiles.
- The distance always affects the price of shipping. The longer the distance the less it costs per mile, but that is never the decisive factor in the final cost. Shorter distances still consume gas and require the same amount of work, but in the end it is fewer miles traveled. This means that shorter distances often cost as much as shipping a car across the country.
- LOCATION / POPULATION
- Auto transport to and from rural areas could be more complex and challenging. Fewer auto haulers are willing to go to remote towns and villages to pick-up or deliver a single vehicle only. This often means higher prices and longer wait for pick-up, or delivery. The majority of the truck drivers prefer to travel to major metro areas where loads availability is higher.
- VEHICLE CONDITION
- To ship a non-running vehicle we need a truck that can winch it onto the trailer. This requires more work, more time and a special truck. A fitted carrier, and special skill set means a higher rate. In some cases, we may even need a forklift to load a fully inoperable vehicle, which additionally increases the price.
- SUPPLY & DEMAND
- The basics principles of supply and demand apply in the auto logistics as well. When supply is higher than demand, prices drop, but when demand is higher prices go up. In auto logistics, when demand is high the truck space is limited and this means the prices increase. That is why a quote is good for one week only because demand changes on almost every route.
What documents do I need when shipping a car?
Domestic transport is easy and simple. You or someone on your behalf needs to release the vehicle to the carrier at pick-up. The person at pick-up will also need to sign a Bill of Lading (BOL). The BOL is not only a receipt but also an inspection report. When the carrier inspects the car you need to check with him that all existing damages are marked down before you sign the inspection report. Never sign a blank or incomplete document and don’t forget to get your copy before the driver leaves the site.
Welcome to sunny California!
Thousands of people with thousands of reasons ship their cars from Michigan to California. You and your classic ride may be planning on creating some serious buzz at one of California’s classic car shows. Or maybe you got accepted to Stanford or Berkley, and can’t imagine navigating your student life without your car.
Are you joining a flock of snowbirds, ditching the ice and frostbite of the Winter Wonderland states? Another good reason would be if you have received a lucrative job offer in the Golden State. Or did you simply decided to turn your life around and move all the way across the country?
California dreaming ..
California is the biggest state by population and a third by land area. It is a top moving destination for people who dream of the west coast lifestyle. Californians are very open-minded and welcoming people, which makes the state a great place to settle with a family or start a business. And although not everybody will agree that California is a great place to move to and start a new life, studies have shown that people are more positive and happy living in a place with plenty of sunlight.
Whether California will make you feel at home really depends on your expectations and whether you have a plan to follow. The perception of California has changed over the years, but many stereotypes have stayed the same. The Golden State has a bigger and brighter competition nowadays. It is not the most affordable state either, but it does not stop people from moving there.
If you are considering moving to California, we urge you do not listen to rumors and do not let stereotypes distract you. Research your opportunities and create your own plan. Moreover, visit all the places that you like, a few times if possible. It takes time to decide and make such an important decision, but ultimately you just have to do it. Visiting is not like living in California. Take your most important belonging, bring your car there and spend a month exploring and immersing yourself.
Corsia Logistics is one of the most trusted companies in the US. You can read our customers feedback online on independent review sources like Trust Pilot or My Moving Reviews. We are a small, family-owned company and this is our advantage. When you call you talk to one of our auto transport agents who will explain the process, and you get to work with this person from start to end.
We love what we do and take pride in offering exceptionally personalized service to each and every customer. The agent you get to work with will recommend the right auto transport service for your vehicle and provide you with a manual quote. Our agents manually track price fluctuations daily, which allows us to deliver quotes that are affordable and current.
If you need to move a classic car, we will help you select the best option depending on the vehicle and your preferences. If you are shipping a sports or luxury automobile we will arrange enclosed auto carrier, should you desire more protection for your car. Although, open auto transport is the most popular method and it is suited for any type of vehicle.
For additional information please visit our How It Works section and our Questions page, or just call us. Don’t forget that you can also request a car shipping quote online. We are here to discuss your auto transport needs and help you ship your vehicle to California. Thank you!