Car Shipping QuestionsLearn more about how auto transport works by reading our frequesntly asked questions. Here you will find plenty of information about questions to ask when shipping a car and the how auto transport works. If you still have questions please contact us online or call. Thank you!
- How long does it take to ship my car?
The shipping time depends mostly on the distance. The total time frame consist of pick up window and delivery window. The pick-up window takes approximately one to few business days from the date the vehicle is ready to be loaded (refer to First Available Date). Keep in mind that it might take longer to get a carrier contracted if the pick-up location is in a remote, rural area. The delivery time generally depends on the distance. Also, please remember ETA is an ESTIMATED time of arrival. Our dispatchers will make every effort to notify you of any deviations, such as delays or early arrivals, so it is very important to have a good call back number.
- Is First Available Pick-Up date my actual pick up date?
Not necessarily. This is the date the customer has the vehicle ready to be loaded. It is not the exact pick up date the carrier can accomodate. If there is a carrier available on this date we may be able to assign a truck to load your vehicle on your First Available Date. If this is not the case then we should be able to have a truck within our usual pick up window of one to about five days starting from this date.
- Vehicle transit times based on distance only
Distance / Miles Days
0-100 / 1 to 2
300-600 / 2 to 4
600-1000 / 3 to 5
1000-1500 / 4 to 6
1500-2000 / 5 to 7
2000-2400 / 6 to 8
2400 and up / 8 to 10
- How will I know when is my pick up date and time?
When we assign a carrier we will email you a dispatch notification confirmation containing the estimated pick up date and the truck driver’s phone number. The driver usually calls a few hours ahead of time to notify you of the approximate time for pick up.
- What about guaranteed pick up date and time?
We can guarantee, but you have to decide your pick up window – whether you need the car picked up by a specific date or on a specific date. This will define the extra cost involved to guarantee your times. Should you need a guaranteed pick up and delivery dates and time please call us for a customized quote.
- Can you guarantee a delivery date and time?
We can, but you have to decide whether you need the car delivered by a certain date or on a certain date. This is a premium service and it will determine your car shipping rate.
- How many days in advance should I book my car transport service?
There are no defined days but we advise customers, if possible, to book about two weeks in advance.
- Should I be present when the car is picked-up / delivered?
You or someone else, over the age of 18, has to be present to sign the Bill of Lading / report at pick up and delivery.
- Can I track my vehicle during transporation?
You can track your vehicle by calling us during business hours, or via email anytime.
- When will I know when is my delivery date and time?
In the dispatch notification confirmation email we will send you the delivery details. The carrier’s phone number is also included and the trucker will call you a couple of hours in advance to inform you about the approximate time of delivery. Special arrangements could be made upon request.
- Can I change my first available date?
Yes, you can, but only before we have assigned a carrier to your order.
- What does door-to-door auto transport mean?
This means that the auto transport carrier will pick up the vehicle and deliver it as close to your home as legally possible. Many cities restrict large trucks from driving into residential areas. Transport trucks are huge and need space to maneuver. If your home is not easily accessible (restricted by narrow streets, low-hanging trees or tight turns), the driver may ask you to deliver the car to a close by large parking lot. The trucker will call you directly to make such arrangements if necessary.
- Do you provide door-to-door shipping service?
Yes, we provide door-to door car shipping service.
- What does top load mean?
Double ‘deckers’ are the most popular car carriers. Top load means that the vehicle will be loaded on the top deck and to reserve this you will have to pay extra ($75 on average). Top load prevents from possible fluids leaking from cars loaded above yours. There is also less chance for small rock chips. Keep in mind that your car may end up on the top deck without requesting it and paying extra, but it is not guaranteed.
*Disclaimer: A single deck trailer is also considered Top load because it guarantees there will not be car above yours.
- What type of trailer will be transporting my car?
The trailer will be either open or enclosed trailer hauling one or multiple vehicles.
- What is the difference between open and enclosed car shipping?
Open car shipping trailer is the most common method of shipping. The car is loaded on a trailer exposed to outside elements. New cars are constantly transported to dealers via open trailer.
Enclosed is mainly requested for shipping classic cars and luxury, vintage, custom or sports automobiles. The vehicle is not exposed to weather elements and road objects.
- What types of motor vehicles do you transport?
Corsia Logistics transports all standard vehicles – sedans, SUVs, pick-up trucks, minivans – including regular cargo and passenger vans.
- Can you transport inoperable and / or non-running car?
We can transport inoperable vehicle, but the car must roll, steer and break. If the car does not roll or steer, we can still ship it, but there should be a forklift provided at pickup and delivery. Also, it will make it easier if the car is parked in a wide open area accessible for a big truck.
- Can you transport vehicle that modified / over-sized?
We can, but you have to call for a customized quote.
- How much does it cost to ship a car?The cost to ship a car depends on a few things: a) vehicle type; size and weight. b) condition – running or not running (running car is a car which engine starts and the car moves on its own power; not running is a car that does not start, dead battery alos). c) distance / mileage. d) location – main city or rural area. e) transport method (open or enclosed). f) any modifications like lowered, lifted, larger tires, racks on top. g) seasonal fluctuations like ‘Snowbirds’ car shipping season affecting in / outbound Florida routes.
- How do I pay for my auto transport service?
A partial payment is required upon placing the order. We accept all major credit cards and PayPal. The remaining balance you must pay with cash, cashier’s check or money order at delivery to the truck driver.
- Can I pay the full amount with my credit card?
We can arrange that if you would like to pay in full with a credit / debit card or PayPal. Depending on the total amount there might be an additional charge. Contact us to find out how much that would be.
- Is the partial payment at booking refundable?
It is refundable if you cancel your order prior us assigning a carrier. Should you cancel the order after a carrier has been assigned (see our Terms and Conditions please) to your order the partial payment will not be refunded.
- If I need to cancel my auto shipping what should I do? Will I get refund?
Per our cancellation policy every cancellation must be submitted in writing to info at corsia dot us.
- How long is the quoted auto transport price good for?
The price may change at some point. Our quotes are reflecting the current market conditions and we can’t guarantee that they will hold for long. We always advise customers to book their order sooner than later.
- Is my vehicle insured during transport?
Absolutely, your vehicle is fully insured while being transported.
- What is the type of insurance policy?
Inland Marine cargo insurance policy is the type of policy your vehicle is insured under. This is insurance that protects goods while in transit on land.
- Do I pay any deductible?
No, you do not pay deductible.
- How is the car value determined under this Inland Marine insurance policy?
The value of the car is determined based on the actual cash value of the vehicle at the time of the loss.
- What should I do if my car is damaged during transport?
If there is a damage you have to mark it down on the bill of lading the trucker will give you. There is a designated report section – customer exceptions at delivery. You should also take pictures and then contact us to request the Certificate of Insurance and finally file a claim.
- Can I ship personal items in my car?
Personal items are usually not allowed in the vehicle because auto carriers are allowed to ship only cars. However it’s been determined that one suitcase or a box in the trunk is not a problem and the trucker will accept it. Should you need to transport more items in your car keep in mind that there could be an extra charge. Please contact us for a customized shipping price.
- Will my personal items in the car be insured?
All personal items inside the car are not covered by the carrier’s cargo insurance.
- What if I pay extra and have my items shipped inside the car?
This can be arranged, however those items inside the car are not insured. You are simply paying for the extra weight.
- How to prepare my vehicle for transport?
The vehicle should clean inside and out for the trucker to do proper inspection. You need to empty your vehicle from any personal belongings. Remove all loose parts, any temporary luggage items and racks.
- Do I have to have gasoline in my car?You should have some gasoline in the tank, preferably 1/4 of the tank.
- Will I have additional mileage on my vehicle?
Not really. Your vehicle will be driven only for loading and unloading on the trailer. If you would like you can note your mileage on the bill of lading.
- Will I receive a contract for the shipping service?
The confirmation email will serve as your shipping contract. Corsia Logistics keeps everything in electronic format for environmental and efficiency reasons.