Shipping cars is fast and easy with Corsia. Our experienced team will answer all of your questions and quote a current market price over the phone or email. Request a quote now.
Expand your auction business with Corsia Logistics
- Corsia works with auto auctions from across the country daily.
- We offer attention to details and current market prices to ship a car on time.
- With us there is no need of complicated software and binding contracts.
When our team is working for you, shipping cars is easy and affordable
- Our team of logistics experts covers all US time zones and answers all questions in details.
- Growing your business means growing our business. Working hard to do that is our priority.
- Corsia team becomes your auto auction team member to manage all your car shipping needs.
Private customers shipping cars from auto auctions
In many cases vehicles bought at auctions do not run, which means they need special handling. The car carrier should either have a winch to load the non-running vehicle, or the auction has to provide a fork lift and you have to be prepared to provide a fork lift at delivery. Furthermore, the price of transporting a non-running vehicle will be approximately $100 more than shipping a regular running automobile.
What do I need to know when buying and shipping a car at an auction?
To make sure you have all required documents. Talk to the auction and see what kind of bill of sale you will receive. Some auctions may have more specific requirements, so you have to ask what is required of the auto transport company to pick-up your vehicle.
Also, keep in mind that most auctions will allow the vehicle to stay on the lot for about five business days. After that they will start charge storage fees. That is why you need a reliable transport company to pick up the vehicle on time. Furthermore, make sure you ask the auction about any loading fees if the car is not running.
Additionally, the car carrier driver will inspect the vehicle at delivery and mark down any visible damages. Damaged vehicles can be covered and any loose parts tied.
Auctions requirements for vehicle pick-up
- Lot number – the inventory number for the vehicle
- Buyer number – required by IAAI and Copart
- Some type of reference number
- VIN number – the full 17 or at least last 6 digits
- In the case of Mechum they require the driver to have a release form
- Manheim require a gate pass to pick-up a car after hours
Choose the type of auto transport carrier
When you are ready to ship the vehicle you bought at an auction, you have to choose the type of carrier you prefer. A vehicle can be transported via two general types of carriers – open and enclosed car carrier. Corsia Logistics offers both services. Learn more in our car shipping services section.
Open car transport carrier is the standard auto shipping method requested for both new and used vehicles. Most of the trucks in the US are open and this makes it readily available and cheaper.
Enclosed vehicle transport is the preferred method for sports, classic and project vehicles. If the car you have bought at the auction is a classic automobile or a special project car or a sports / luxury automobile then we recommend you use enclosed trailer to transport it.
If you have any questions, please visit our Questions and our How It Works sections. You can always call us and discuss your needs with our logistics experts. They will answer all of your questions and walk you through the auto transport process. Thank you.