Every year thousands of people move from New Jersey to Florida for the winter. Most of them are snowbirds. Those who own homes in Florida usually do not bring much, except a couple of suitcases, and of course their vehicles. 90 percent of the snowbirds transport their cars to their second home in the Sunshine State.
Moving your vehicle from one city to another is easy. You just need to choose the right method of moving. You have an option of driving or shipping. Shipping a car from Florida to New Jersey is easy. Driving is a great option for many people who would like to spend time on the road exploring. However, it is not a recommended option for snowbirds, especially when the distance is greater than 300 miles. The distance from New Jersey to Florida is about 1,114 miles which would be quite a long ride for most people, thus shipping a car is always the best solution.
What are my options when shipping a car from New Jersey to Florida?
When you need to move a vehicle from one location to another your two main option – driving the car or shipping the car.
- Driving from New Jersey to Florida would be a great option if you have plenty of free time, enjoy being behind the wheel, and want to see most of east coast. Road trips are also great because driving can be a sort of meditation. It takes your mind off everything else and forces you to focus on the activity of driving. Driving long distances, however, is not for everybody. When the distance is greater than 200 miles, we recommend shipping your car instead of driving it.
- Hiring an auto transport company saves you time and spares your car additional hundreds of miles of unnecessary wear and tear. Driving from New Jersey to Florida means adding a little over a thousand miles to the odometer, oil change, flat tires, and other possible issues. Shipping, on the other hand, is often cheaper than driving, once you consider all the expenses a long road trip entails.
What types of services does an auto transport company offer?
In general, you’ll have a choice based on the type of carrier and on the time frame of delivery. Corsia Logistics provides the following car shipping services:
- by carrier type: open and enclosed trailer
- by time frame: standard and expedited delivery
- OPEN OR ENCLOSED
- Your choice of carrier type should really be influenced by the type of vehicle you need to ship. Standard everyday sedans, such as your Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla usually go onto an open-air trailer. If you need to ship a high-end sports or luxury automobile, or any classic vehicle you should choose enclosed trailer. Enclosed auto transport offers complete protection from weather and road elements.
- STANDARD OR EXPEDITED
- A standard car shipping service usually means that a carrier will pick up your vehicle within one to few days. Delivery, in this case, from New Jersey to Florida would be 4-6 days, depending on the exact location. However, please keep in mind that all dates and times are only estimates. Carriers are picking up and dropping off shipments, hence, delays may happen, due to weather, traffic, or other customers’ postponements.
Expedited delivery could guarantee that your car is picked up or delivered on or by a specified date and time. This, however, requires the whole schedule of the truck to play around your schedule, which naturally increases the price.
How much does it cost to ship a car from New Jersey to Florida?
Several variables decide the final cost of shipping a car. The make and model, together with the distance set the base price of shipping. Then the choice of carrier type enters the equation. Shipping a non-running car drives the price up due to additional equipment. Picking up and delivering a vehicle to and from a rural area is a logistical challenge that usually costs more. However, the deciding factor of all is the current supply and demand situation on a given route.
What documents do I need when shipping a car?
Domestic transport is easy. You, or someone on your behalf, needs to release the vehicle to the carrier at pick-up. The person at pick-up will also need to sign a Bill of Lading (BOL). The BOL is not only a receipt but also an inspection report. When the carrier inspects the car you need to check with him that all existing damages are marked down before you sign the inspection report. Never sign a blank or incomplete document and don’t forget to get your copy before the driver leaves the site.
Why are people moving to Florida?
Florida has recently passed New York as the nation’s third-largest state, and it is a favorite vacation spot for millions of people from around the world.
It is also a favorite winter get away for thousands of New Jerseyans. Why would a New Jerseyan spend the winter in Florida? Well, if you’ve ever been up north to New York, or New Jersey in the winter, you may just have an idea. The winters in this part of the US are not the most pleasant of seasons.
Yet, the cold season is not the only reason people move to the Sunshine State. In the last few years, Florida has seen tremendous economic growth while the real estate prices have remained affordable. In Florida, money really buys real estate, it buys space. But for many the cold winters remain the main reason for moving to Florida. Most people who live in New Jersey and New York say the winters just keep getting worse.
The vibrant and energetic city of Miami is one of the most popular destinations for snowbirds, and all who prefer a warm climate and laid-back lifestyle. As someone moving from New Jersey, you will be able to enjoy not only the year-round tropical weather and relaxed lifestyle, but also its delicious food and breathtaking beaches.
Get ready to put up with heat and humidity. Florida has tropical monsoon climate with short winters that are mostly dry and warm. Summers are hot and humid, while the hurricane season runs from the beginning of June until the end of November. It does sound different than Jersey, right?
Economy and employment
For the last two decades, the Port of Miami has been widely known as the “Cruise Capital of the World.” It is the busiest port in the US for both passenger and cruise lines. The city is also a major commerce, finance, and international trade hub and an important center of culture, arts, media, and the entertainment industry.
The Metropolitan Miami ranks second in the US for tourism. And Downtown Miami is home to some of the largest national and international companies, and it also has the largest concentration of international banks in the States. If you are going to look for a job in Miami, consider applying in any of these companies: Telemundo, Univision, American Airlines, Cisco, Disney, Exxon, FedEx, LEO Pharma Americas, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle, and Sony. There are plenty of government job opportunities as well.
Our team takes pride in a very personalized service. Whether you are shipping a classic car, or need to ship your sports car, a motorcycle, or even a boat, we are here to help. We offer open and enclosed auto transport to Florida daily. Request your quote online or call us now. Thank you!