Owning an expensive car comes with its extra costs, so, paying a little extra to protect it from potentially damaging road debris and weather elements, when shipping, is an obvious choice.
In this short guide, you will learn more about enclosed shipping costs. You will understand why it is more expensive than open car transport. Finally, you will see all the reasons why this shipping method is the safest option. We will also talk about other factors that affect the shipping cost in general and mention some specific models that we have shipped via enclosed carriers.
Enclosed car shipping cost
The cost of enclosed car shipping varies from person to person. Why? Not all high-end cars are the same and weigh the same, for example. And as you probably know, the more your car weighs the more it costs to ship it.
Furthermore, not all models are loaded on the carrier the same way. Some cars require special equipment to be loaded onto the carrier, and the costs may add up. It all depends on the type of car you want to transport.
Why enclosed auto transport costs more?
- Enclosed auto shipping service provides extra protection from weather elements and road debris.
- The drivers must know how to operate enclosed trailers and how to handle high-end cars.
- The liability and cargo insurance is also higher since they transport high-end cargo.
- Unlike open carrier that can carry up to ten cars, an enclosed carrier usually only transports one to seven cars at a time.
- The number of enclosed carriers, in general, is limited. In the US, for instance, only about 10% of all car shipping trucks are enclosed. Since the number is pretty limited, this type of transport is less available and, in turn, more expensive.
Who prefers to ship via enclosed carriers?
Owners of sports cars, classic, luxury, antique, exotic, and any high-end vehicles prefer to ship their cars via enclosed carriers. They know it is the safest option, and they want to have their cars fully protected at all times. Rusty Slammington nd BMW RS 700 are two of the many models Corsia Logistics has shipped via enclosed carriers.
We would suggest enclosed auto transportation for any type of car since we truly believe every car is special in its own way. Especially if your vehicle is worth over $50,000. An enclosed trailer would be the right option to pick.
The importance of requesting multiple quotes
There are other factors that determine the cost of auto transport such as:
- The weight of your car – the heavier your vehicle is, the more expensive it is to transport.
- Vehicle modifications – certain alteration and aftermarket accessories may require extra equipment and special skill for loading.
- The distance between the source and destination – the longer your car needs to travel, the more expensive it is.
- Supply and demand – if you are interested in a particular route that has a higher demand, you might have to pay a higher price.
These are just some of the factors that affect shipping cost. We recommend you to request multiple auto transport quotes before you settle for the company. It will give you a general idea about how much it will cost to ship your car via enclosed carriers. Do not settle for the lowest price. Also, going with the most expensive company doesn’t guarantee the best quality service. Look for the golden mean – a realistic rate that reflects the current market conditions.
Besides getting an accurate price quote, you also have to take into consideration the company’s reviews and their readiness to help you throughout the entire auto transport process.
We at Corsia Logistics, unlike other shipping companies, do not use automated calculators. We offer realistic and reasonable prices based on daily market fluctuations.
Corsia Logistics will ship your vehicle in a timely and professional manner. We specialize in enclosed transport and are ready to ship your car not only within the United States but also internationally. We are well known for our dedication to our customers as well. But don’t take our word for it. Check out what our customers are saying about us.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact us at any time. Thank you!