Shipping a car is easy. For a stress-free experience, take some time to understand the basics of auto transport. In this guide, we’ll share our expertise and go over the key points of vehicle shipping. Our experienced logistics agents will walk you through the shipping process and help you select the service that work best for you.
Las Vegas Auto Transport options
When you need to move a vehicle from one location to another your two main option – driving the car or shipping the car.
- Driving would be a great option if you have plenty of free time, enjoy being behind the wheel, and want to see as much of the country as you possibly can. Road trips are also great because driving can be a sort of meditation. It takes your mind off everything else and forces you to focus on the activity of driving. Driving long distances, however, is not for everybody. When the distance is greater than 200 miles, we recommend shipping your car instead of driving it.
- Hiring an auto transport company saves you time and spares your car additional hundreds of miles of unnecessary wear and tear. Driving means adding over a thousand miles to the odometer, oil change, flat tires, and other possible issues. Shipping, on the other hand, is often cheaper than driving, once you consider all the expenses a long road trip entails.
What types of services does an auto transport company offer?
In general, you’ll have a choice based on the type of carrier and on the time frame of delivery. Corsia Logistics provides the following car shipping services:
- by carrier type: open and enclosed trailer
- by time frame: standard and expedited delivery
- OPEN OR ENCLOSED
- Your choice of carrier type should really be influenced by the type of vehicle you need to ship. Standard everyday sedans usually go onto an open-air trailer. If you need to ship a high-end sports or luxury automobile, or any classic vehicle you should choose enclosed trailer. Enclosed auto transport offers complete protection from weather and road elements.
- STANDARD OR EXPEDITED
- A standard car shipping service usually means that a carrier will pick up your vehicle within one to few days. Please, keep in mind that all dates and times are only estimates. Carriers are picking up and dropping off shipments, hence, delays may happen, due to weather, traffic, or other customers’ postponements. Expedited delivery could guarantee that your car is picked up or delivered on or by a specified date and time. This, however, requires the whole schedule of the truck to play around your schedule, which naturally increases the price.
How much does it cost to ship a car?
The price from and to any destination is never a flat rate we can state right now. Several variables decide the final cost of shipping a vehicle. Vehicle make and model together with the distance set the base price for shipping. Then the choice of carrier type enters into the equation. Shipping a non-running car drives the price up due to additional equipment. Picking up and delivering a vehicle to and from a rural area is a logistical challenge that usually costs more. However, the deciding factor of all is the current supply and demand situation on a given route.
What documents do I need when shipping a car?
Domestic transport is easy and simple. You or someone on your behalf needs to release the vehicle to the carrier at pick-up. The person at pick-up will also need to sign a Bill of Lading (BOL). The BOL is not only a receipt but also an inspection report. When the carrier inspects the car you need to check with him that all existing damages are marked down before you sign the inspection report. Never sign a blank or incomplete document and don’t forget to get your copy before the driver leaves the site.
Moving to Las Vegas – the city of second chances!
In recent years many people have moved to Las Vegas, not only because of the entertainment industry, but due to favorable business atmosphere, cheaper housing and the constant sun. Now this is not for everybody. Many people simply own vacation homes there. Online you will find numerous stories of people who lived there in their 20s and then moved away or of people who moved there in their 40s because they wanted a fresh new perspective in life.
Whether you are in your 20s, 30s or 40s it does not matter – Las Vegas has something for everybody. It is simply a matter of preferences and lifestyle expectations. The city has a lot to offer besides the Strip. Do your research before moving to Las Vegas and make sure you know you will find what you are looking for.
When it comes to moving you have a few options.
If you are moving your household then you will most likely need a moving company, or you can move yourself by renting a truck. It mostly depends on where you move from and surely whether you want to pack and load everything yourself and then unload it again by yourself. If you don’t mind that, plus driving from wherever you are moving then you can rent a truck.
When it comes to Las Vegas auto moving you are faced with pretty much the same options – you either drive the car yourself, hook it onto the rental truck or hire a professional car transport company.
The best option is to search and hire a car transport company. If the distance you will be traveling is no more than 300 miles then you could definitely handle driving the car yourself. However, if the distance is greater that 300 miles we recommend that you hire a car shipping company. The main reason for that is that embarking on a long distance trip is not for everybody and also it will not be cheap. You have to consider the fact that, besides gas, you will be paying for food and lodging, as well as be adding miles to your odometer.
Transporting a vehicle with an auto transport company takes the hassle and stress away from you. The responsibility is with the company and you know that your car is insured while in transit. The car will not be pulled or driven, but transported on a platform meaning no miles will be added. The cost often compares to the cost of driving yourself and thus many people choose to hire a logistics company.