Once you have settled the details of your order, you will need to decide on pick-up and delivery dates and schedule your service. A driver usually picks up your vehicle one to five days from your first available date. And delivery time depends mainly on the distance between pick up and drop off locations. Now, to avoid any surprises at pick up and during transport, you’ll need to make sure your vehicle is ready for shipping.
How to prepare a car for shipping:
- Check your vehicle with a mechanic to make sure there are no fluid leaks and the breaks are working properly. Make sure the tires are also in a good shape and fully inflated. If you have fluid leaks tell your transporter, so they can prevent leaks on other cars. In such a case they have to load your vehicle on the lower deck.
- Take down any aftermarket accessories. Secure or remove any spoilers, ski or bike racks or other detachable elements as these can damage the vehicle during transport. Also, make sure convertible or soft tops and windows are secured and closed properly.
Note: It’s important you follow through with these two steps because in case your car causes any accidental damage to other vehicles, or even people, during transport, you will be the one liable.
- Detail / Wash your vehicle. Treat your car to a good wash, inside and out, so you can do a thorough inspection. The inspection is a very important component of the vehicle shipping process. And washing your vehicle will make it easy for you and the trucker to check for scratches and dings on the outside, and mark down any wear and tear of the interior. Take photos to document the condition of your vehicle at pick-up and compare with the condition at delivery.
- Disable all car alarms or make sure you have provided your car transporter with the instructions how to disconnect it in case the alarm goes off. If the alarm sounds and the trucker does not know how to disable it they have the right to mechanically remove it.
- Do not top off your gasoline. It is recommended that you leave a tank less than half full – enough for the transporter to load and unload the vehicle. They do not need more as they will not be driving the car unless otherwise specified in the order.
- Verify the car shipping insurance. Ask the auto transport company about their insurance – the extent and the amount of coverage. They should also provide you with a copy of the insurance certificate at your request. At Corsia Logistics, we always check the carrier’s insurance before dispatch.
- Leave personal items in your vehicle at your own risk. No carrier will accept responsibility for damages caused to your car interior by personal items you didn’t remove, nor for theft of the latter. Moreover, in certain situations, a carrier may even confiscate or dispose of your personal items without reimbursement.
- Ask how to track your vehicle. Most auto transport companies will explain that when you ask. With us, you can track your vehicle live by calling during business hours or emailing at any time.
Why should I choose Corsia Logistics to ship my car?
We are small family-owned business, and this is our major advantage. As a family, we understand the importance of building trust through real human connection and take pride in offering a very personalized service to every one of our customers.
Corsia Logistics has become one of the most trusted auto transporters in the US. We love what we do and always go above and beyond to provide our customers and their cars with the best service and exceed all expectations. In turn, our customers refer to us as trustworthy and professional.
When you call our office you will speak with one of our logistics experts who will accompany you from the planning stage to final delivery of your vehicle to ensure smooth shipping process. Your agent will recommend the right auto transport option that fits your specific situation. We have our own truck serving the west coast and work with multiple reliable partners to service every state, including Hawaii and Alaska.
We are committed to making car relocation easy and affordable for all our customers. Our rates are manual and reflect the most current market conditions. Our agents do not use a software to automate the process, but manually track daily price fluctuations on national dispatch boards. You can request your quote online, by calling or sending us an e-mail. To supply you with an accurate quote we will ask you to share a few details about your vehicle with us. In general, a car shipping quote depends on a few factors such as the distance, pick up/drop off locations, car’s make, model, and modifications; it’s operability, as well as seasonal fluctuations and the type of service you select – open or enclosed carrier.
If you have more questions about our car shipping services, please refer browse our website or simply call us to discuss your questions. We have included plenty of information to help you understand the auto transport process. Thank you!