Shipping a car from Boston to Los Angeles is easy. We serve this route on regular basis. Review this guide and learn how it works and what it costs. Request a quote online or call our team now.
How much does it cost to ship a car from Boston to Los Angeles?
Several variables decide the final cost of shipping a car. Vehicle make and model together with the distance set the base price. Then we add the choice of carrier type and that affects the price further. Distance and location are the next variables we add to the equation. However, the deciding factor of all is the current supply and demand situation on the given route.
What are my options when shipping a car from Boston to Los Angeles
When you need to move a vehicle across the country, you have two main options – driving the car or shipping the car.
- Driving is awesome, when you have the free time to do it. Driving long distances, however, is not for everybody. When the distance is greater than 200 miles, we recommend shipping your car. Driving across the country is a serious job that is better left to the professionals.
- Shipping a car from Boston to Los Angeles spares your car additional hundreds of miles and wear and tear. Driving means adding hundreds of miles to the odometer, oil change, flat tires, and other possible issues. Shipping, on the other hand, is often cheaper than driving, once you consider all the expenses a long road trip entails.
What types of services does an auto transport company offer?
Auto transport services split in two categories to choose from – by the type of carrier and by the time frame of delivery. Corsia Logistics provides the following car shipping services:
- by carrier type: open and enclosed trailer
- by time frame: standard and expedited delivery
- OPEN OR ENCLOSED
- Your choice of carrier type should really be influenced by the type of vehicle being shipped. Standard everyday sedans are cars for open carrier. If you need to ship a high-end sports or luxury automobile, or any classic car you should choose enclosed trailer. Enclosed auto transport offers complete protection from weather and road elements.
- STANDARD OR EXPEDITED
- A standard car shipping service means that a carrier will pick up your vehicle within one to few days. Delivery from Boston to Los Angeles would be between 3 and 5 days. However, please keep in mind that all dates and times are only estimates. Expedited delivery could guarantee that your car is picked up or delivered on or by a specified date and time.
What documents do I need when shipping a car?
Domestic transport is easy and simple. You or someone on your behalf needs to release the vehicle to the carrier at pick-up. The person at pick-up will also need to sign a Bill of Lading (BOL). The BOL is not only a receipt but also an inspection report. When the carrier inspects the car you need to check with him that all existing damages are marked down before you sign the inspection report. Never sign a blank or incomplete document and don’t forget to get your copy before the driver leaves the site.
From Boston to Los Angeles ..
The difference between the two cities is not only their size. Los Angeles is a major metropolitan area – nearly 20 million people, wheres Boston is a city of about 2 million with the suburbs. So, this is the first major difference. Two million versus twenty million people metropolis is a huge difference to begin with. We are not going to compare the tow cities in full details here. If you would like to read a guide about moving to Boston or one about moving to Los Angeles we have the latter for you.
Boston vs. Los Angeles
Besides the size of the cities, another big difference is the climate. The climate in Boston is continental with humid hot summers and cold snowy winters. It may sounds normal, but in fact it can get really cold and snowy in the winter. The climate in Los Angeles is Subtropical-Mediterranean, but in the last few years the drought has been very bad and the precipitation very low. The two climates are very different and contribute to a very different lifestyle and thus culture. Which leads me to my next point.
The East coast culture is quite different than the West coast culture. I will not go in much detail here, but the fact is that people’s lifestyle, mindsets and attitudes depend very much on their environment. East coast life style is more fast paced while on the West coast people are more relaxed laid back. You can even recognize this by people’s pace.
The three major differences between Boston and Los Angeles:
- the size
- the climate
- the culture
The difference is also visible in the way people dress – casual versus business; the way people talk and probably the way people drive. Additionally, you will find a lot of information about how most people in Boston are business oriented or want to become lawyers, while in Los Angeles everybody wants to be an actor. While this sounds like an overblown generalization, it is probably not too far from the truth. So, besides the climate, the culture – in all its aspects – is what will probably shock you the most. When you move to California you will feel a bit like you have moved to a different country. Good luck and enjoy it!