Shipping a car from California to Georgia is easy. For a stress-free experience, take some time to understand the basics of auto transport. In this guide we go over the key points of vehicle shipping and what it costs. If you prefer to spare two minutes of your time, just call us now and we will explain how it works. Our experienced logistics agents will be happy to walk you through the steps of the car shipping process and help you select services that work best for you and your vehicle.
What are my options when shipping a car from California to Georgia?
When you need to move a vehicle from one location to another your two main option – driving the car or shipping the car.
- Driving would be a great option if you have that free time on your hands, enjoy being behind the wheel, and want to see as much of the country as possible. Road trips are also great because driving takes your mind off everything else and forces you to focus on the activity of driving. Driving long distances, however, is not for everybody. When the distance is greater than 200 miles, we recommend shipping the vehicle instead of driving it.
- Hiring an auto transport company saves you time and spares your car additional hundreds of miles of unnecessary wear and tear. Driving from California to Georgia means adding over a thousand miles to the odometer, oil change, flat tires, and other possible issues. Shipping, on the other hand, is often cheaper than driving, once you consider all the expenses a long road trip entails.
What types of services does an auto transport company offer?
Corsia Logistics provides the following car shipping services based on the type of carrier and on the time frame of delivery
- by carrier type: open and enclosed trailer
- by time frame: standard and expedited delivery
- OPEN OR ENCLOSED
- Your choice of carrier type should really be influenced by the type of vehicle you need to ship. Standard everyday sedans, such as your Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla usually go onto an open-air trailer. If you need to ship a high-end sports or luxury automobile, or any classic vehicle you should choose enclosed trailer. Enclosed auto transport offers complete protection from weather and road elements.
- STANDARD OR EXPEDITED
- A standard car shipping service usually means that a carrier will pick up your vehicle within one to few days. Delivery, in this case, from Chicago to Miami would be 4-6 days. However, please keep in mind that all dates and times are only estimates. Carriers are picking up and dropping off shipments, hence, delays may happen, due to weather, traffic, or other customers’ postponements.
Expedited delivery could guarantee that your car is picked up or delivered on or by a specified date and time. This, however, requires the whole schedule of the truck to play around your schedule, which naturally increases the price.
How much does it cost to ship a car from California to Georgia?
The price from and to any destination is never a flat rate we can state right now. Several variables decide the final cost of shipping a vehicle. Vehicle make and model together with the distance set the base price for shipping. Then the choice of carrier type enters into the equation. Shipping a non-running car drives the price up due to additional equipment. Picking up and delivering a vehicle to and from a rural area is a logistical challenge that usually costs more. However, the deciding factor of all is the current supply and demand situation on a given route.
- VEHICLE MAKE & MODEL
- Smaller cars are cheaper to ship, while bigger vehicles are more expensive. Auto transport carriers have a weight limit they must observe, when accepting vehicles. So, the make and model of your vehicle, as well as any modifications done to it, and whether there will be any personal items loaded inside, all matter for the total weight of the carrier. This then impacts your final shipping price.
- TRANSPORT TYPE
- Open auto transport is the standard shipping method in the industry. It is used for all vehicle types, availability of open carriers is much higher and prices are cheaper. Enclosed auto transport is more expensive and often used for sports, luxury or classic automobiles.
- The distance always affects the price of shipping. The longer the distance the less it costs per mile, but that is never the decisive factor in the final cost. Shorter distances still consume gas and require the same amount of work, but in the end it is fewer miles traveled. This means that shorter distances often cost as much as shipping a car across the country.
- LOCATION / POPULATION
- Auto transport to and from rural areas is usually more challenging. Fewer auto haulers are willing to go to remote locations to pick-up or deliver a single vehicle only. This often means higher prices and longer wait for pick-up, or delivery. The majority of the truck drivers prefer to travel to major metro areas where loads availability is higher.
- VEHICLE CONDITION
- To ship a non-running vehicle we need a truck that can winch it onto the trailer. This requires more work, more time and a special truck. A fitted carrier, and special skill set means a higher rate. In some cases, we may even need a forklift to load a fully inoperable vehicle, which additionally increases the price.
- SUPPLY & DEMAND
- When supply is higher prices drop, while when demand is higher prices go up. In auto logistics, when demand is high the truck space is limited and this means the prices increase. That is why a quote is good for one week only because supply and demand fluctuations change weekly at almost every route.
What documents do I need when shipping a car?
Domestic transport is easy and simple. You, or someone on your behalf, needs to release the vehicle to the carrier at pick-up. The person at pick-up will also need to sign a Bill of Lading (BOL). The BOL is not only a receipt but an inspection report as well. When the carrier inspects the car you need to check with him that all existing damages are marked down before you sign the inspection report. Never sign a blank or incomplete document and don’t forget to get your copy before the driver leaves the site.
How does auto transport from California to Georgia work?
Shipping a car from California and Georgia isn’t at all complicated. See it for yourself.
- Request a quote online or by phone. Disclose details about your vehicle: model, make, modifications, operability. Share pick/up and delivery zip codes, as well as exact pick-up and delivery locations. Don’t forget to mention your moving date and/or first available date for pick up. Choose the type of transport.
- Once you and the shipper agree on all of the details, your shipment will be scheduled. The typical window for a vehicle pick-up is 1 to five days.
- Make sure your vehicle is ready for shipment.
- At pick up, the carrier performs vehicle inspection and marks all the irregularities (if any) on a Bill of Lading.
- Delivery time between California and Georgia takes about 7 to 10 days, although not guaranteed.
- At delivery, another inspection is due. Confirm that your vehicle arrived intact and pay any remaining balance. In a very unlikely case of damages, make sure it’s all documented in the Bill of Lading, so you can start the claims process.
Corsia Logistics transports vehicles from California to any point on the east coast daily. We take pride in providing safe and reliable shipping to every one of our customers. Call us now to discuss your auto transport needs.
Our logistics experts track rate fluctuations daily in order to offer you the best rate possible. As you’ve learned, supply and demand may change daily. That is why we constantly repeat that only manually tracking rates guarantee accurate quotes. We do not utilize a car shipping calculator software to work out the rates – we track the demand and supply situation manually to deliver accurate rates that will ship any vehicle in a timely and professional fashion. Request your auto transport quote now right here on this page or call us with questions.
Georgia on my mind …
Moving to Georgia means you will enjoy hot summers and a mild climate year around. In the summer you could have temperatures of up to 90 and even more some days, while the spring offers an average of 75`. The geography of the state is beautiful, you have mountains, valleys with rivers and coastal beaches as well as the Atlanta metro area. Whether you prefer to live close to the mountain or by the beach you could have it all. Georgia is known as The Peach State because it is ranked third in peach production. The state also leads the nation in pecan and peanut production, and
Georgia is known as The Peach State because it is ranked third in peach production. The state also leads the nation in pecan and peanut production, and the agriculture is well developed in part due to the mild weather and abundant rainfall. This is great news, as fresh produce, along with beautiful nature and mild climate are the staples of healthy living.
Certainly, California too, has it all, when we talk about nature and climate, but just the fact that cost of living is lower could make you move there. Also, Georgia is a much smaller state and this really matters, it affects your state of mind. Every city feels more like a community and the fact that you can visit so many different states on the east coast somehow makes things more interesting. On the east coast, you have 15 states you can visit, from north to south and they all boast beautiful cities and nature. On the west coast, you have three states that are all beautiful, but the feeling is certainly different. If you would like to learn more visit Georgia’s government website.
Now let us help you ship your car from California to Georgia. Call us now or request a quote online. Happy car shipping!