Shipping a car from Boston to Miami is easy and stress-free. Take some time to understand the basics of auto transport. In this guide, we’ll share our expertise and go over the key points of vehicle shipping. If you prefer a human touch, don’t hesitate to call us. Our experienced logistics consultants will be happy to walk you through the steps of the car shipping process and help you select services that work best for you and your vehicle.
What are my options when shipping a car from Boston to Miami?
When you need to move a vehicle from one location to another your two main option – driving the car or shipping the car.
- Driving from Boston to Miami would be a great option if you have the free time and enjoy being behind the wheel. Road trips are also great because driving can be a sort of meditation. It takes your mind off everything else and forces you to focus on the activity of driving. Driving such distances, however, is not for everybody. When the distance is greater than 200 miles, we recommend shipping your car instead of driving it.
- Hiring an auto transport company saves you time and spares your car additional hundreds of miles of unnecessary wear and tear. Driving from Boston to Miami means adding a few hundreds of miles to the odometer, oil change, flat tires, and other possible issues. Shipping, on the other hand, is often cheaper than driving, once you consider all the expenses a long road trip entails.
What types of services does an auto transport company offer?
In general, you’ll have a choice based on the type of carrier and on the time frame of delivery. Corsia Logistics provides the following car shipping services:
- by carrier type: open and enclosed trailer
- by time frame: standard and expedited delivery
- OPEN OR ENCLOSED
- Your choice of carrier type should really be influenced by the type of vehicle you need to ship. Standard everyday sedans, such as your Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla usually go onto an open-air trailer. If you need to ship a high-end sports or luxury automobile, or any classic vehicle you should choose enclosed trailer. Enclosed auto transport offers complete protection from weather and road elements.
- STANDARD OR EXPEDITED
- A standard car shipping service usually means that a carrier will pick up your vehicle within one to few days. Delivery, in this case, from Boston to Miami would be 1-3 days. However, please keep in mind that all dates and times are only estimates. Carriers are picking up and dropping off shipments, hence, delays may happen, due to weather, traffic, or other customers’ postponements.
Expedited delivery could guarantee that your car is picked up or delivered on or by a specified date and time. This, however, requires the whole schedule of the truck to play around your schedule, which naturally increases the price.
How much does it cost to ship a car from Boston to Miami?
The price from and to any destination is never a constant. Several variables decide the final cost of shipping a vehicle. Vehicle make and model together with the distance set the base price for shipping. Then the choice of carrier type enters into the equation. Shipping a non-running car drives the price up due to additional equipment. Picking up and delivering a vehicle to and from a rural area is a logistical challenge that usually costs more. However, the deciding factor of all is the current supply and demand situation on a given route.
- VEHICLE MAKE & MODEL
- Smaller cars are always cheaper to ship, while bigger, heavier vehicles are more expensive. Auto transport carriers have a weight limit that they must observe when accepting vehicles. Thus, the make and model of your vehicle, as well as any modifications done to it, and whether there will be any personal items loaded inside, all matter for the total weight of the carrier. This then impacts your final shipping price.
- TRANSPORT TYPE
- The type of carrier you choose affects your rate as well. Open auto transport is the standard shipping method in the industry. It is used for all vehicle types, availability of open carriers is much higher and preces are cheaper. Enclosed auto transport is more expensive and often used for sports, luxury or classic automobiles.
- The distance always affects the price of shipping. The longer the distance the less it costs per mile, but that is never the decisive factor in the final cost. Shorter distances still consume gas and require the same amount of work, but in the end it is fewer miles traveled. This means that shorter distances often cost as much as shipping a car across the country.
- LOCATION / POPULATION
- Auto transport to and from rural areas could be more complex and challenging. Fewer auto haulers are willing to go to remote towns and villages to pick-up or deliver a single vehicle only. This often means higher prices and longer wait for pick-up, or delivery. The majority of the truck drivers prefer to travel to major metro areas where loads availability is higher.
- VEHICLE CONDITION
- To ship a non-running vehicle we need a truck that can winch it onto the trailer. This requires more work, more time and a special truck. A fitted carrier, and special skill set means a higher rate. In some cases, we may even need a forklift to load a fully inoperable vehicle, which additionally increases the price.
- SUPPLY & DEMAND
- The basics principles of supply and demand are known by most people, and they apply in the auto transport industry as well. When supply is higher than demand, prices drop, but when demand is higher prices go up. In auto logistics, when demand is high the truck space is limited and this means the prices increase. That is why a quote is good for one week only because demand changes on almost every route.
What documents do I need when shipping a car?
Domestic transport is easy and simple. You or someone on your behalf needs to release the vehicle to the carrier at pick-up. The person at pick-up will also need to sign a Bill of Lading (BOL). The BOL is not only a receipt but also an inspection report. When the carrier inspects the car you need to check with him that all existing damages are marked down before you sign the inspection report. Never sign a blank or incomplete document and don’t forget to get your copy before the driver leaves the site.
Types of transport carriers Corsia offers
Generally, you have to choose based on the type of auto transport carrier and also on the time frame of delivery. You can choose between open and enclosed auto transport trailers. Corsia Logistics offers both open and enclosed service. Whether you choose one or the other will affect the price and sometimes the time it takes to deliver the vehicle.
Enclosed auto transport is recommended for sports, luxury and classic automobiles. It offers extra protection from weather and road elements. Better protection means a more expensive service. But we will let you in on a little secret. Sometimes, due to last minute cancellations, or supply/demand fluctuations, you can end up paying the price of an open carrier, but get enclosed trailer instead. Call us now to discuss your options.
Open auto transport is the most popular method of shipping all types of vehicles. You can see open carrier trucks transporting brand new automobiles across the country on daily basis. They carry anywhere from seven to ten automobiles. They are the standard service, the most widely available and affordable. Some smaller open car carriers are requested for shorter distances or faster service.
Piece of Advice for Peace of Mind
Driving from Boston to Miami means embarking on a long distance trip that will take at least a couple of days. Driving could be quite stressful and exhausting, even more if you don’t have the skills and the desire. Shipping a car from Boston to Florida could cost anywhere from $750 to over $1000 depending on all the factors we discussed above. Our transport carriers run to Florida daily. Choose peace of mind. Call us now to discuss your shipment.
Moving from Boston to the Little Cuba
If you ask retirees, they move because of the year around warm weather and relatively less expensive properties. In fact, retirees, also called snowbirds, flock to Florida in the thousands every winter. And many choose to stay and make it their permanent home. We speak from experience since shipping cars from Massachusetts to Florida is what we do year around.
Thousands of young people also choose Florida, in particular Miami, to make their new home. Florida is a good place to start a business as well as kick start a carrier. The state economy has been slowly improving and attracting people from across the country. If Florida sounds like a nice place to call home, we encourage you to research career or business opportunities and really consider Florida.
Where better to move to if not to vibrant and colorful Miami?
Like Boston, Miami also is a melting cultural hub where besides Spanish and English, you will hear over 80 different languages from all over the world. This major port city is also the seventh-most populous in the US with a population of over 2.7 million people.
Miami offers a laid-back lifestyle that is way more relaxed compared to the fast-paced Boston lifestyle. Its cuisine is delicious, its beaches are breathtaking, and its weather is something you will get used to sooner than you expect. Compared to Boston’s humid continental climate with freezing and snowy winters, Miami offers a year-round tropical weather.
Economy and Employmen
The Port of Miami these past two decades has been called the “Cruise Capital of the World” since it is the busiest US port for both passenger and cruise lines. The economy of Miami is one of the richest in the US, especially because the city is an important center of culture, arts, media, and the entertainment industry.
Miami’s economy is mainly fueled by commerce, finance, international trade, and tourism. The Metropolitan Miami ranks second in the US for its developed tourism. Downtown Miami has the largest concentration of international banks in the US and a great number of national and international companies that are ranked as some of the largest in the nation.
Ever dreamed about working for Telemundo, Univision, American Airlines, Cisco, Disney, Exxon, FedEx, LEO Pharma Americas, Microsoft, Yahoo, Oracle, or Sony? You can apply in any of them if you still haven’t found a job.
Housing and Living Cost
Neighborhoods in the city with the third tallest skyline in the United States differ a lot from one another. We always recommend you to do your own research before picking the one that best fits your lifestyle because all of them are unique on their own. Miami has 25 neighborhoods and 40 “sub-neighborhoods”, so it might get hard to pick the right one without reading about them, researching, and asking around for any suggestions.
Even though Miami is the 8th most expensive city to rent in the US, the living and housing costs in Miami are much lower compared to Boston. According to Best Places, the living costs overall are 32.5% cheaper than in Boston, while the Median Home Cost is 44% cheaper.
Things to see and do in Miam
What can you possibly do in a charming city surrounded by palm trees and sunny beaches? Well, anything! Among our top recommendations to visit in Miami, are Vizcaya Museum and Gardens, Miami Seaquarium, Bayside Marketplace, Jungle Island, Collins Avenue, Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science, Dolphin Mall, Virginia Key, and the Freedom Tower. There are also more than 800 parks in Miami that are perfect to go for a run, walk your dog, go picnicking with your friends, and so on.
Moving to Miami with a car
Once you establish your move in this full-of-life city, you will have up to 30 days to register and title your car with your local Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. Keep in mind that you will have to register and title your car at the same time in order to legally drive it.
When you contact our team we will answer all of your auto transport questions and walk you through each step of the shipping process. If you have recently purchased a vehicle or a motorcycle online, from eBay or from a dealer in Florida, we can help you transport it safely. Corsia Logistics is a reliable auto transport company, check our reviews online and call with questions.