Shipping a car from New York to Colorado is easy. In this guide we share our expertise and go over key points of vehicle shipping. If you prefer a human touch, don’t hesitate to call us. Our experienced logistics agents will walk you through the car shipping process and help you select services that work best for you and your vehicle.
What are my options when shipping a car from New York to Coloorado?
When you need to move a vehicle from one location to another your two main option – driving the car or shipping the car.
- Driving from Chicago to Miami would be a great option if you have plenty of free time, enjoy being behind the wheel, and want to see as much of the country as you possibly can. Road trips are also great because driving can be a sort of meditation. It takes your mind off everything else and forces you to focus on the activity of driving. Driving long distances, however, is not for everybody. When the distance is greater than 200 miles, we recommend shipping your car instead of driving it.
- Hiring an auto transport company saves you time and spares your car additional hundreds of miles of unnecessary wear and tear. Driving from Chicago to Miami means adding over a thousand miles to the odometer, oil change, flat tires, and other possible issues. Shipping, on the other hand, is often cheaper than driving, once you consider all the expenses a long road trip entails.
What types of services does an auto transport company offer?
In general, you’ll have a choice based on the type of carrier and on the time frame of delivery. Corsia Logistics provides the following car shipping services:
- by carrier type: open and enclosed trailer
- by time frame: standard and expedited delivery
- OPEN OR ENCLOSED
- Your choice of carrier type should really be influenced by the type of vehicle you need to ship. Standard everyday sedans, such as your Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla usually go onto an open-air trailer. If you need to ship a high-end sports or luxury automobile, or any classic vehicle you should choose enclosed trailer. Enclosed auto transport offers complete protection from weather and road elements.
- STANDARD OR EXPEDITED
- A standard car shipping service usually means that a carrier will pick up your vehicle within one to few days. Delivery, in this case would be 4-6 days. However, please keep in mind that all dates and times are only estimates. Carriers are picking up and dropping off shipments, hence, delays may happen, due to weather, traffic, or other customers’ postponements. Expedited delivery could guarantee that your car is picked up or delivered on or by a specified date and time. This, however, requires the whole schedule of the truck to play around your schedule, which naturally increases the price.
How much does it cost to ship a car from New York to Colorado?
The price from and to any destination is never a flat rate we can state right now. Several variables decide the final cost of shipping a vehicle. Vehicle make and model together with the distance set the base price for shipping. Then the choice of carrier type enters into the equation. Shipping a non-running car drives the price up due to additional equipment. Picking up and delivering a vehicle to and from a rural area is a logistical challenge that usually costs more. However, the deciding factor of all is the current supply and demand situation on a given route.
What documents do I need when shipping a car?
Domestic transport is easy and simple. You or someone on your behalf needs to release the vehicle to the carrier at pick-up. The person at pick-up will also need to sign a Bill of Lading (BOL). The BOL is not only a receipt but also an inspection report. When the carrier inspects the car you need to check with him that all existing damages are marked down before you sign the inspection report. Never sign a blank or incomplete document and don’t forget to get your copy before the driver leaves the site.
Why are people moving to Colorado?
While there are plenty of reasons to leave New York, here we want to focus on what makes Colorado such a great place for your next destination. And the one thing, from which you certainly cannot escape in the Centennial state is the mountains. Whether you choose to live in the city or in a small town, the majestic Rocky Mountains will inevitably have an impact on your life in Colorado.
The state is also famous for its 300 days of sunshine. Now pair that with the popularity of a variety of outdoor activities. Can you see why the state would rank in the top ten healthiest states in the US with very low obesity rate? That makes it a great place to get away from the rather sedentary (albeit busy) New York lifestyle. In 2015 Colorado ranked 7th among all of the states for the total number of people added – 101,000 in a single year. The Centennial State has the highest average elevation – 6,800 feet above sea level – of the fifty states. Colorado has about 1500 peaks over 10,000 feet high and 54 over 14,000 high; therefore, whether you choose to live in the city or in a small town, the majestic Rocky Mountains will inevitably have an impact on your life in Colorado.
What are some popular destinations in Colorado?
Denver – founded in 1858 as a mining town, today Denver, the state capital of Colorado, has transformed into a cosmopolitan city with the diverse economy. The city is home to Denver Broncos, Avalanche, Nuggets, and Rockies. To help you get back on track with a healthy lifestyle after the move, Denver offers 200 parks to enjoy, 30 recreation centers, and miles of elaborate biking and running paths. Also you will be just a short car ride away from Red Rocks Amphitheater – the only naturally-occurring acoustically perfect amphitheater in the world. It is where the famous Irish rock band U2 filmed their “Under a Blood Red Sky”.
The college town of Boulder – Colorado’s liberal education hub. Today it is ranked among the top cities in the nation when it comes to education, health, and quality of life. Besides being one of America’s greenest towns, Boulder, according to research, has the highest percentage of people with an advanced degree in the country.
Colorado Springs – a military hub located in one of the most picturesque areas in the country. According to Money Magazine, in 2006 the city was the best place to live. Dry climate and healing waters from the natural springs have also made it a popular spa resort. Having moved to Colorado Springs you’ll be able to enjoy countless trips to the Garden of the Gods – a beautiful city park with astounding rock formation.
Aspen – a well-known playground for the rich and famous, is situated in the northwest of Colorado, and is home to approximately 6000 residents. Although it was founded as silver mining town, today ski tourism is Aspen’s enduring goldmine. Real estate prices here are among the highest in the world, which results in most workers driving from neighboring communities.
Other popular Colorado destinations include Aurora, Durango, Fort Collins, Vail, and Thornton.
Here are a few useful facts for motorists and their families moving to Colorado:
- Colorado has 5 toll roads with E-470 that runs along the east side of the Denver-Aurora area being one of the most expensive in the nation.
- You must apply for a Colorado driving license within 30 days of moving to Colorado.
- And as soon as you have your Colorado driver’s license, you can register to vote
- You have 90 days to register your vehicle at your local County Clerk’s office after moving to Colorado.
- The fees depend on the age, weight, taxable value, purchase date and the type of license plate you want for your vehicle. Emission test is also required.
- For more detailed information and current fees visit colorado.gov – Colorado Official State Web Portal.
For traffic, weather alerts, and road closures, check with Colorado Department of Transportation by going to www.codot.gov. And if you are in need of a job when you get to Colorado, make sure to visit Colorado Department of Labor: https://www.colorado.gov/cdle. There you can not only do a state-wide-job search but you can also find info about job training, job fairs, benefits, and more. Other sources include: Denver Post, Denver Business Journal and the Aspen times. Now, if you are ready to move to Colorado, Corsia Logistics is there to help you. Give us a call to discuss your options and budget and we will organize the shipment of your car right away! Thank you.