Sports car owners understand that shipping is part of maintaining and preserving their high-end car.
Learn how shipping a sports car works. Request your auto shipping quote online or call now.
How much does it cost to ship a sports car?
The cost to ship a sports car depends on the size of the vehicle and the type of transport, mainly. High-end vehicles are often transported in a single car carrier, or at least enclosed carrier. Enclosed vehicle shipping is more expensive due to three main reasons – protection, insurance and availability.
- Covered carriers offer full protection from road and weather elements.
- They usually provide insurance coverage up to one or two million dollars.
- By availability, we mean the total number of such trucks available in the US.
What auto transport services can I choose from?
Both open and enclosed trailers work for any luxury automobile, but before deciding what is best for your car, let us delve into the advantages of either. Shipping time is always an estimate and thus a more delicate matter to be discussed.
Corsia customers have to choose between the type of carrier, and the time-frame of delivery.
- By carrier type you need to choose from open or enclosed.
- By time-frame you need to choose standard or expedited service.
Open auto transport is the standard car shipping service. An open carrier is readily available across the US, and hence less expensive. Most open carriers can fit up to ten cars, which makes it efficient and fast. A main disadvantage is that it exposes your car to road and weather elements.
Enclosed auto transport is the preferred shipping option for sports automobiles. An enclosed carrier provides complete protection from all weather or road elements. This, however, makes it more expensive. This option can also be a bit slower because there are fewer enclosed carriers available in the country.
How does auto transport work?
Corsia Logistics transports sports cars nationally and internationally daily. Our team of logistics coordinators is knowledgeable and will recommend the best solution and work with to offer you the best price possible.
This is the sports car shipping process in five steps:
- Auto transport carrier truck comes to pick-up your vehicle.
- The carrier completes vehicle pre-load inspection report (BOL).
- The carrier loads the vehicle and straps it securely inside the trailer.
- The car is strapped and secured on the trailer and you sign your BOL.
- At delivery the carrier unloads safely and inspects the vehicle again.
When shipping a car, it is important to verify the company’s insurance and license. Many companies have posted their license numbers on their website, but you can call and ask or check with the FMCSA website.
You can book your service online or call our team now. Yet, this is not exactly the last step. It means you have decided on the type of transport, and the time frame for shipping. After that comes the vehicle pick-up time and the vehicle delivery moment. An important part you need to pay attention to is the vehicle condition report, or also called Bill of Lading. This is a document our carriers complete at pickup and at delivery. At delivery this report will be used to help determine that the vehicle is received in the same condition it was picked-up.