Vehicle Shipping Terms and Conditions
Corsia Logistics is licensed the U.S. Department of Transportation broker and carrier. This agreement is between the customer, (hence referred to as “Customer”), and Corsia Logistics and allows Corsia Logistics to contract with other licensed and insured Motor Carrier(s) to transport the vehicle(s) described in the booked shipping order by the customer.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Customer can cancel the auto shipping order any time at no cost / no cancellation fees PRIOR to us assigning / dispatching your order to an auto transport carrier. Customer will be issued full refund. Refunds will be processed within 24 business hours of receiving the cancellation request.
- The cancellation of your order must be processed ONLY in writing via email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once your order has been dispatched / assigned to a carrier we will notify you via the email the Customer has provided at booking.
- If the Customer decides to cancel the order AFTER a Carrier has been assigned, the partial payment will not be refunded and it will serve as cancellation fee to pay for provided services.
If the Customer decides to cancel the shipping order after a Carrier has been assigned an administrative cancellation fee in the amount of the partial payment will be assessed to your order to pay for the already provided administrative service. Any remaining balance will be refunded then in full.
Terms, Contract and Liability Information
- Carrier will pick up and deliver your car as close to your door as possible (only if legal and safe). A mutually agreed upon place to load or unload may be necessary because of narrow streets, wires, trees and possible residential area restrictions.
- Corsia Logistics will provide Customer with an estimated pick up and delivery dates. There are no guarantees about the pick-up or delivery times and dates. Delays could happen prior to, and / or during transport due to road conditions, weather and mechanical problems. Corsia Logistics is not to be held responsible for damages or loss caused by any type of delays or any other reason, car rental fees or lodging fees. Corsia Logistics is not to be held liable for failure of mechanical or operating parts of your vehicle.
- Corsia Logistics and Carrier contracted are authorized to operate and transport Customer’s motor vehicle between its pick up location and the destination defined in the shipping order / bill of lading.
- The vehicle must be prepared for transportation by Customer prior loading. Any low hanging spoilers, and accessories, loose parts must be removed and / or safely secured to the vehicle. You (Customer) must remove all external not permanent mounted racks and other elements prior to shipment. Vehicles must be presented to the Carrier in good running condition (unless non-running / operable noted in the order) with no more than half a tank of fuel. Part of the vehicle that falls off (separates) while the vehicle is in transit is the Customer’s responsibility this including damages caused by the part to any vehicles(s) and/or person involved.
- Customer must deactivate any vehicle alarm systems installed or provide the necessary instructions to the Carrier to disconnect. If any alarm goes on and there are no keys or instructions to turn it off, Carrier may silence alarm by any means.
- Luggage and personal property must be collected in one suitcase or bag in the trunk only. No heavy articles are allowed; items not to exceed 100 lbs.. If personal items in the car are to exceed 100 lb. there could be a an extra fee. Carrier and Corsia Logistics are not liable for any personal items left in vehicle, nor for damage caused to vehicle from unreasonable or improper loading of personal items. Personal property shall not be transported in customer’s vehicle(s) that includes but is not limited to alcoholic beverages, jewelry, furs, money, live pets, live plants, explosives, guns, ammunition, flammable products, narcotics, negotiable and legal papers, or any unlawful contraband. Customer agrees that Corsia Logistics may confiscate or dispose of mentioned items with no reimbursement. Corsia Logistics is not to be held responsible for delivery of personal or household property. If Customer wants to store items in the vehicle he may do so at his own risk.
- If the vehicle is inoperable or over-sized (dual or oversize wheels, extra-large, racks, lifted, limo), Customer must inquire as to extra charges. If Corsia Logistics is not advised of inoperable or over-sized and / or modified vehicles prior to pick-up, all extra charges must be paid in cash or money order upon delivery.
- For international orders, the car must be empty except for factory installed equipment. Customer must indicate serial #, and give car’s approximate value in U.S. dollars. Customer is responsible for the proper customs paperwork (you can ask the assigned carrier for help with these documents). Any order booked with us that has a pick-up and/or delivery location such as Port will be subject to additional charge of $100.00. The initial booked price doesn’t include that extra charge of $100.00.
- Corsia Logistics has the right to reject and/or cancel any order for any reason at any time.
- At pick up, Customer and Carrier will fully inspect the vehicle for pre-existing damages – exterior only – and complete vehicle inspection report. The Carrier and Customer will both agree to the condition of the vehicle and Customer will sign and receive a copy of the bill of lading and the report.
- At delivery Customer and Carrier will carefully inspect the vehicle for transportation outside damages. The Carrier and Customer will both confirm the condition of the vehicle and Customer will sign and receive a final copy of the bill of lading and the report.
- Carrier takes responsibility of vehicle(s) after pre-inspection is done and signed by the Customer. Carrier responsibility ends when the vehicle(s) is delivered and Customer has signed the final inspection report.
- Damages must be written down in the designated place on the bill of lading and signed by the Customer, regardless of weather conditions or time of the day. When Customer signs the bill of lading and the inspection report without noting any damage this confirms / means that Customer has received vehicle(s) in satisfactory condition, and that Corsia Logistics and Carrier and their agents are relieved of any further responsibility.
- Corsia Logistics will not be responsible for any damage caused by the acts of God such as hail or storm damage, or damages resulting from worn and/or broken parts of the vehicle or any items stored inside the vehicle.
- Should you need to file a damage claim it must be submitted in writing within 24 hours of delivery. Corsia Logistics will share the Carrier’s insurance policy upon your (Customer) request. As outlined in Section 10761 of the Interstate Commerce Act (49 USC 10761) the payment of freight charges shall not be postponed due to alleged loss or damage. These charges Customer must pay in full and the portion applicable to the lost or damaged item must be included in the freight claim.The following is important to remember: a) claims and payment of freight charges are two completely different and separate transactions. b) ICC regulations prohibit withholding payment of freight bills because of a pending claim (Administrative Ruling No. 128). c) without payment for the freight charges payment for transportation has not been made. Until freight charges are made, a valid claim will not be paid.Customer agrees and understands that Corsia Logistics is a registered transportation and property broker and is acting solely in the capacity of a broker. Customer allows Corsia Logistics to contract with other licensed and insured Motor Carrier(s), (hence referred to as “Carrier”), to transport the vehicle(s) described in this shipping order. Corsia Logistics and Carrier reserve the right to use multiple modes of transportation, including but not limited to truck, rail and ship.Customer further agrees and understands that Corsia Logistics sole responsibility in the transaction between the customer and Corsia Logistics is to assign a carrier for shipment of the customer’s property. Customer understands that Corsia Logistics never takes possession of, transports, or delivers the Customer’s property. Customer agrees and understands that all claims for damage to property arising out or occurring during the taking possession of, transporting, or delivery of Customer’s property falls under the Carmack Amendment, if the transport is interstate.
- If the Customer will be absent at pick-up or delivery they should designate a person to act on their behalf and release or accept the vehicle.
- Customer will pay the auto transport price of his/her order due to Corsia Logistics in full and will not try to compensate any dispute for damage claims and/or delays from freight charges. Customer is responsible to prepare any payment due to the Carrier upon delivery, unless the full balance has been prepaid.
- The payments to the Carrier must be in the form of Cash, Cashier’s check or Money order – no exceptions are allowed. If you must use certified funds they should be made payable to Carrier and not to Corsia Logistics. Personal checks, debit or credit cards will not be accepted for the remaining balance – no exceptions are allowed. Customer agrees that if the payment cannot be made by any these methods, the vehicle/item will be stored at the Customer’s expense until Customer pays in full for all shipping charges. If the Customer can not receive the delivery of the vehicle(s) for any reason, the vehicle(s) will be placed in storage. Any and all storage and re-delivery charges will be Customer’s responsibility.
- Orders booked 30 and more days prior the shipping date are subject to rate change due to price fluctuations outside of Corsia Logistics powers.
- This Agreement has been formulated according with the laws of the State of California.
- This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California. Any legal venue arising from this contract will be taken place in Sacramento County, California. Customer agrees to pay all legal fees associated with contract. This choice of venue is intended by the parties to be mandatory and to prevent the possibility of litigation between the parties with respect to, or arising out of, this Agreement in any jurisdiction other than the specified in this section. Each party waives any right it may have to object to venue with respect to any arrangements brought in accordance with this section.
This agreement and all shipment(s) are subject to the carrier’s tariff and the uniform bill of lading and all terms and conditions of the carrier which can be found at the office of the carrier. All previous oral or written representation of Corsia Logistics are overwritten herein by the current agreement and the current agreement is final, and shall not be changed except in writing signed by an officer of Corsia Logistics.
Corsia Logistics is a registered broker and a carrier licensed with the U.S. Department of Transportation. Broker MC #825904 and USDOT #2405616, and a carrier MC #50176 and USDOT #3051680.